Many Hands Community
October 23, 2017, 07:58:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ManyHands make for light Heart!

Website   Home   Help Arcade Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: rape awarness  (Read 2446 times)
sprio119
Members
Newbie-Greenhorn-Tenderfoot

Last Login:November 16, 2009, 02:10:38 PM

« on: November 16, 2009, 02:08:53 PM »
ReplyReply

<style type="text/css">   <!--      @page { margin: 0.79in }      P { margin-bottom: 0.08in }      A:link { color: #0000ff; so-language: zxx }   -->   </style>
                         11/10/09
[/FONT]

[/FONT]
Rape
[/FONT]
Awareness
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]
Simon
[/FONT]

[/FONT]
Manyhands
[/FONT]
Walkin beauty
[/FONT]

[/FONT]
   On November 2009 a girl in California was raped at her High school dance. She was raped by no more than 20 students while at least 10others stood by taking pictures and making Videos. This went on for two and a half hours; no one called the police nor attempted to get help. The girl laid there being abused, in pain, humiliated for two and a half hours. This would have gone on for longer, if not for a student who thought that his buddy should know and watch, this student thought that this was fun. His friend found it tasteless, and called for help. How could this happen when there was security and police on campus?
[/FONT]
   This is the same question I have asked myself over and over since we have discussed this in school. It disturbs me, to think how many times does this happen, without anyone knowing, and why do others find that it is ok?
[/FONT]
   I have talked to my family about this, and found out that my mother and my father were both raped at a young age; they have scares that will never go away. They are very open about it .When I told them about the California girl, and my plan of teaching other and taking an active role on changing the view of others about rape, they offered their support and understanding. To bring awareness into my community about this increasing issue. Opening people’s minds and eyes on how to stop this. My idea is quite simple, let’s form a rape awareness group and have rape victims share what it means to be raped. Their emotions and thoughts while being raped and how it affects/ed them now. This is not just a group that talks about changes, but a group that is willing to take action. I and others from my class where very shocked and decided to take action. We all shared our ideas, we all agreed on going to parties in groups of four or less. Walking around,chaperoning, watching, listening and making sure that no one will be assaulted. Maybe our presents there will prevent rapes or other forms of assault.
[/FONT]
We are hoping to work together with police, looking glass, Planned Parenthood, Many Hands Community, L.E.A.D, S.A.S.S, and Department of human service, Counseling/Support groups. I am also planning on having other resources on hand; like crises hotlines, and other helplines. I believe that knowledge is power that by tapping into allthe help and resources out there this cannot fail.
[/FONT]
   Our first meeting will be held at my house. Tentatively I would love to have it twice a month, I have not however figured out what day of the week to have it. However it will happen within the next 60 days.
[/FONT]
It takes a community to raise a child, and a community to insure the safety of our children” –a quote from my Oma.
[/FONT]
    “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” 
www.thinkexist.com
This quote fits this topic perfectly, it is an empowering statement.It points out that life is full of choices, and reminds us that it is never too late to change or seek help. Knowledge is power, power can change the world and that is what I want to accomplish with this group. One person at a time.               

« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 02:01:53 AM by manyhands » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: