Many Hands Community
November 22, 2017, 09:17:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ManyHands make for light Heart!

Website   Home   Help Arcade Search Calendar Login Register  
Linked Events
  • Community inipi-Ed Little Crow: September 26, 2009
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Community Inipi SWEAT- Ed Little Crow will pour lodge  (Read 5204 times)
manyhands
Administrator
Keeper of the Sacred Bundle -Full Member

Last Login:March 31, 2014, 10:16:13 PM

« on: September 21, 2009, 06:11:56 PM »
ReplyReply

We are blessed that my uncle, Eddie will be in attendance this Saturday and according to my teachings [and preference] I will offer tobacco to my elder to run the inipi [lodge]. This is a beloved elder that I've known around sundance for twenty years and many of you know him personally.

He is a writer, poet and human rights activist. He is a respected Lakota sioux elder and loved in many communities throughout the northwest. He has been speaking out for people for over 50 or 60 yrs...

And we are blessed to have him guide us in inipi to start out our sweat year now that Sundance season is over...

"We’ll start meeting at 9:30 to gather wood and light the fire.  10-12, prepare the site, dress the lodge, and make our own personal preparations, with the intention of going in the lodge at noon.

Please remember that “going into the lodge at noon” doesn’t mean “show up at noon.”  All who show up are, of course welcome, but part of showing respect to this ritual is to come when the fire is lit, as that is when the ceremony officially begins.

I hope to see you there, during this season of harvest and of gathering together the fruits of our labor in celebration and communion with each other, and with the Divine that joins us all.

As always, please remember to bring water, a small snack for the potluck afterwards, and any small donation you can manage to go toward the cost of the wood.  Blessings, and until we see each other, kuna et kuna, my heart to your heart.--" tantea pasha atuk
Warmest regards,
Very sincerely yours,

ManyHands (Nape Ota)
    David C. Maloney M.Ed.

Executive Director, Many Hands Community Ed. Services
Community Vision Coordinator
Board President, Peace Village

www.manyhandscommunity.com
30612 Butterfly Lane
Eugene, OR 97405
Home:541.485.8815

"If we are to attain real peace in this world, it will have to begin with the children." Mahatma Gandhi

“Each generation must guard the flame...not by righteous posturing but
by moving with spirit and energy to tackle the problems of our communities. —John Gardner, founder of Alliance for National Renewal

"Healthy social life is found when in the mirror of each soul
                    the community finds its reflection;
and when in the whole community the virtue of each one is alive."

NEVER DOUBT THAT A SMALL GROUP OF THOUGHTFUL, COMMITTED CITIZENS CAN CHANGE THE WORLD; INDEED, IT'S THE ONLY THING THAT EVER HAS.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: