Many Hands Community
November 22, 2017, 09:18:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ManyHands make for light Heart!

Website   Home   Help Arcade Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My letter to the owners explaining and Many Testimonials from community  (Read 5370 times)
manyhands
Administrator
Keeper of the Sacred Bundle -Full Member

Last Login:March 31, 2014, 10:16:13 PM

« on: September 16, 2009, 07:09:16 PM »
ReplyReply

Many Hands
Community

Hello Rick and Julia Herson,

I have met Carolyn Garcia at the July 4th celebration in 08, which was a true pleasure and have had several conversations with her since then.  I so appreciated her sincerity and genuineness. 

I’ve refrained from writing until now, not feeling entirely comfortable with asking for favors, however the time has come for me to make some decisions so that I may be able to forge ahead with the vision that I have been given and carried since 1986.  I am creating an Educational Community Center on the land that I purchased from you… We have ran a lot of very meaningful and powerful curriculum for youth as well as provided a place for spiritual communities to gather and do ceremony.  We are starting Wayfinders [interfaith Rites of Passage] whose curriculum will be centered on the land. I’ll put information about this at the end of this letter. We have had Sundance ceremony community gatherings here every year We run three inipi sweatlodges here a month, a men’s lodge, a womens lodge and a community lodge. We have had ceremonies from many different cultures [Mayan, Celtic, etc.] as well as a Celtic festival last year. We have had wedding ceremonies as well as funeral ceremonies, adult education and recovery ceremonies here. This land has become the heart center for many, many people and a healing sanctuary. We are affiliated with over 27 nonprofit organizations, schools, churches, Jewish temples and spiritual communities of all walks. Our curriculum genuinely reflects our commitment to making the world a better place for seven generations to come.

Carolyn’s compassion and openness to suggestion has, thankfully, given me the opportunity to pursue another path in order to see this to fruition.  My recent endeavors to obtain a business loan have similarly met with a dead end, as did my attempts to get a personal construction loan.  It seems that financial institutions are leery of financing anything over 50 acres during the best of times, even though I had been able to secure a pre-approval 3 times up until June of 2008.  Now however, with the current economic ‘crisis’, it seems that banks just aren’t accepting any new construction loans or require 10-15% liquid assets or cash, which I don’t have currently.  I have not given up on my aspirations to build an administration building in the least.  This project would include paying off the owner as financer loan I have with you and Carolyn.   However, the balloon payment is looming on the near horizon and my last three year’s concerted effort have brought me to a place of uncertainty as to how we will meet that deadline. I am sincerely hoping that you will be willing to work with me so that we can secure the land and our efforts to make a difference in the lives of children, families and communities…
Carolyn made mention in our conversation that you all may be amenable to a time extension.  That was very kind of her.  A huge weight lifted from just that simple possibility.  May I suggest that we meet to discuss any thoughts or ideas you might have on this matter? Thank you for your considerations. Please contact me at your convenience; I look forward to hearing from you.

Warmest regards,
Mitakuye Oyasin,

David C. Maloney M.Ed.
(Lela Nape/ManyHands)

Community Vision Coordinator
Board President, Peace Village
Executive Director, Many Hands Community Ed. Services
www.manyhandscommunity.org
WolfManyHands@aol.com
30612 Butterfly Lane
Eugene, OR 97405
Phone: 541.485.8815
Many Hands
Community

"If we are to attain real peace in this world, it will have to begin with the children." Mahatma Gandhi

Our Mission:

Many Hands Community creates educational settings in which we nurture children and families through community spirit, personal empowerment and connection with the land while fostering a culture of acceptance.

Many Hands Community is a dynamic not for profit organization. It is an intimate collaboration between local non-profit organizations, each with their own mission & brought together under a united goal. The Many Hands Community is a land stewardship program designed to rent out the land & facilities to interested parties & create revenue that will then support the Many Hands Educational Community Center. MHECC is a year-round program involving children, parents, & community members in education & multi-cultural programs, recreation, community improvement, & service activities.


LongTerm Goal
Every child grows up with a sense of self and community and is given the tools to navigate both effectively with an understanding of the inter-relatedness to help them become whole and healthy human beings and productive members of society.


Beginning Goal
Establish a multi-service n-f-p organization that utilizes existing structures and resources, and develops community collaborations to enhance educational programming in Eugene. Incorporating elements of Social and Emotional Learning, Life-role Education and Community Awareness Education through SEL Curriculum and the traditional wisdom and applied spirituality of the Native American Sacred Hoop teachings.

WAYFINDERS
INTERFAITH TEEN RITES OF PASSAGE

MISSION STATEMENT:
Developing one’s sense of self, purpose, community, fellowship and leadership, is the vision of Wayfinders.

Manifesto:
Mentoring and supporting youth in defining self and one’s path.  Through an inter-faith study of rights of passage, physical, mental, emotional and spiritual, youth will be guided in a 9-month quest for self.  Activities, challenges, discussions and adventures are all designed for the emergence of developing the core values of peace, courage, wisdom, integrity and compassion. 

This program connects community members belonging to many traditions, both secular and spiritual.
These mentors come together for the purpose of providing opportunities to explore with youth what it means to come into adulthood in a way which honors mulit-cultural and interfaith ceremonies.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 04:37:35 PM by manyhands » Logged
manyhands
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 07:13:12 PM »
ReplyReply

Lisa Iacovetta
Instructor, Churchill Alternative High
1850 Bailey Hill Rd.
Eugene, OR 97402

To: R and J Herson
To: Carolyn Garcia

September 7, 2009

Dear

I am writing to express my support for the Many Hands Community and the service it provides to local school children.  This project and land acquisition is essential to our community in many ways, but perhaps makes its greatest impact in the lives of local youth.

Briefly, I will introduce my connection to the land and the MHC.  I have been an instructor at Churchill Alternative High School since 2001.  It is my great fortune to work with youth, high school juniors and seniors, who some educators may have written off.  These are brilliant students who simply did not, could not or would not succeed in a traditional high school setting.  Some of these students surmount challenges of no parent present in the household, of being the primary caregiver to family members, recovering addictions as well as frustration, even boredom with a traditional classroom.  So many stories, so many deserving youth…

In 2003, I was introduced to Peace Village, Inc.  This non-profit organization seeks to educate people, especially children and older youth, in the ways of finding peace within so that peace can be created in their daily lives, their relationships and in the community.  Through summer camps and through the Peace Village School (a part of Network Charter School), PV seeks to offer students diverse opportunities from community members of many faiths, traditions and cultural perspectives.  These opportunities are academic, personal, social and physical in nature.  It is truly amazing to see the growth and self-confidence develop in PV students of all ages as they progress through the curriculum.  This is a precious component of helping to create self-aware, confident and ultimately peaceful citizens. 

Since 2005, Peace Village staff has been contracted by Churchill Alternative High School to conduct its ‘PeaceOut’ curriculum.  One of the most profound opportunities given students who have progressed through this curriculum is the rites of passage and other activities that take place on the MCH land.  Educational events, community service projects, nature awareness and instruction, as well as overnight rites of passage ceremonies have been conducted with the partnership of the Many Hands Community.  For some students, if not all, participation in these events marks a transformation in their lives.  Some have continued to grow and learn with Peace Village and Many Hands Community, becoming mentors in turn for younger students.  Parents and other educators, alike, have witnessed and contributed to the success of these programs.  They are our most fervent supporters to date.

Because of the recognized need for more youth mentorship programs of this type…a new organization is emerging as a collaboration between both Peace Village, Inc. and ManyHands Community, as well as a number of community mentors.  This group is called Wayfinders: Interfaith Teen Rites of Passage group.  Without the support, especially the land upon which Many Hands Community rests, the future of this group is in jeopardy.  Already, there are committed professionals, educators and youth facilitators in the community pledging to take part…

It is my sincere hope that the Many Hands Community land continues as a stable place upon which we can continue to grow the hearts of youth and adults alike.  This land has been precious and healing for so many people already, I am encouraging you to consider this a humble request to help continue this very special work.

Sincerely,

Lisa Iacovetta
manyhands
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 04:31:23 PM »
ReplyReply

Dear Caroline, Rick & Julia,

Hello. My name is Light. I have been a friend of David (Many Hands) for some time now and know him to be an honorable man of good intentions and hopeful insights.

We need now, more than ever, good caretakers to occupy the lands of our great country to insure that at least a modicum of peace and harmony remains to have a good relationship with all the spirits that offer us teaching, provision and enlightenment.

The sweat lodges that are maintained in such a way are invaluable to those who need healing and guidance. Even many prisons have incorporated sweat lodges into their activities because of the tremendous success that they instill in those who seek them out for recovery from abusive and criminal activities. Think how important for those of us who have found in them this sancturary that daily becomes harder and harder to experience in the techno world we find ourselves bound up in today.

I am at present attending the u of o, seeking ever more to share in learning environments such as David is trying to support and maintain. It is one of our greatest societal needs, at present. Numbers are up in the schools, across the board, because this need is now being considered by many who have never attempted to reach out and experience the wisdom our elders have struggled for a lifetime to help preserve from their upbringing fprward to share with us. Daily, the numbers of humans on the Earth increase and daily the numbers of problem surmount with them. Many reach their teen years to be thrown from their homes by abusive relatives or else leave at early ages to seek some remaining sanctity they may encounter. There are many pitfalls for the young and unwary to fall into. This property, under the guidance of Many Hands and those he deems helpful remains one of our greatest hopes to staunch teen suicide, crime and abuse for those who have run from unsavory environments in attempt to succeed somehow better than they have been taught to hope for yet found in life.

I hold the deepest regard for the sincerety and devotion to the betterment for all in the heart of David Many Hands Malony and those who support this fine and needed calling. .                         sincerely, Light Dixon
manyhands
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 04:40:57 PM »
ReplyReply

Dear Carolyn, Rick and Julia,

It is my deepest hope that you will give David an extension. He and other community members have worked countless hours in order to share really good things we can all benefit from the work that has been done here and will continue to thrive, grow and benefit more people through prayer ceremonies and healing so many will benefit.

There may come a time when it is you that needs help and our community will embrace you and your family or loved one in need of prayers and healing. Please let us have the opportunity to help, share and pray with eachother, I truly believe if we had more communities like this one being developed the world would be a healthier, loving place for all to live. I admire David and what he is doing with the land, sharing with community and building healthy social networks is something we all benefit from having in our lives.
Please consider extending his loan, we all believe in him and know the best will come to him. He is a man of his word and will make things right hope we can have a win -win situation for everyone. 

Sincerely,
Desiree Paquette
 chippewamedicinewolf@yahoo.com
manyhands
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 03:27:18 PM »
ReplyReply

Dear Carolyn Garcia and Julia and Rick Herson,

I am writing to request that you extend your finance loan to David Maloney to allow him time to gather the financial support necessary to fulfill his obligation to you and fulfill the plan he has for the acreage he is now developing.

I realize that this may be a strain on you, but ask for your consideration because the vision which David and his Many Hands Foundation have for the property involves meaningful service to the youth and families in Eugene and throughout Oregon.

The non-profit I serve, Peace Village Inc., has already been in partnership with David in several youth education programs on his acreage and are scheduled this month to begin a significant program, WayFinders, to provide a rites-of-passage experience for young teens.

I have known and worked with David for many years, including his tenure as President of our Peace Village Inc. Board, and find him to be deeply sincere, honest, responsible,and possessed of a much needed vision for our youth.

Sincerely yours,
Rev. Charles Busch, President, Peace Village Inc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: